Nov 27, 2014

Worth the Wait

Sometimes wait seems like a despised word, doesn't it? It's not too often you hear someone cheerfully say, "And I had to wait for 2 hours!!!"

I remember the words of wisdom spoken at a seminar I went to once.

"If it's a good idea now, it's a good idea 30 days from now!" 

That was to keep attendees from rushing into decisions and actions without thinking things through. It made sense to me.

I'm glad I waited to donate my giveaway bag!

The other day I was frantically looking for a favorite sweater but couldn't find it anywhere. I rummaged through my closet, my armoire, my little storage closet, even the laundry basket. Nowhere to be found. I couldn't have given it away... could I? How frustrating! Then I remembered..

Earlier this Fall, I had gone through my wardrobe and critically and ruthlessly eyed each item, determining if they would be allowed to return to their home. I then either put them back, put them in a black 'for donation'  bag, or tucked them away for next season. I wanted to keep ONLY the items I liked and really would wear again.

I then stored the clothes for donation downstairs, planning to call up my favorite local charity, once I had accumulated more household items destined for a new life.

I haven't called yet. The bag was still sitting there waiting to be donated....thankfully!

 I opened it up and sure enough, past an assortment of folded sweaters, t- shirts, jeans, and other accumulated clothing, was my sweater!  I pulled it out, along with a few other items I changed my mind about giving away...

Waiting can be a good thing!

Have you ever given away an item you wish you had waited a bit longer to decide its fate?

1 comment:

  1. Glad you were able to salvage that favorite sweater of yours :) Honestly, I don't think there were too many things I gave away that I regretted after the fact :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!