Jan 27, 2015

Notes From a Brown Comfy Recliner

I'm on Day 6 of feeling like.. cow dung. I think it's the flu, but who knows, maybe it's some other weird virus. Muscle pain and fatigue. Ugh.  Having lots of time to ponder and here are a few of my notes to self:

Hey, Self! 

Don't take your health for granted. It can change quickly. (I tell myself this one every time I get sick).

Get out and get moving. One day you won't be able to and you don't want to live with regrets, now, do you?

Being able to cook and clean is a blessing. Imagine that!

Drugs can be a good thing.  I was amazed at how quickly I popped the ibuprofen these past few days! I try to stay away from over the counter meds as much as possible, but today I am thankful for pain killers and muscle relaxants.

When the meds start kicking in, rejoice and do a little happy dance!

Tea is bliss. For some reason, coffee does nothing for me these days. Maybe my coffee days are over!

Appreciate your family. They keep you alive sometimes (shopping, cooking, cleaning).

Being sick causes one to be appreciated. See above.

It's not always easy being around sick people. I don't like being around myself when I feel lousy. And I know I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Go the extra mile and be nice to cranky, sick people. One day you will be in that place. Besides that, it's the right thing to do.

Be more empathetic towards others with chronic pain. Until you walk in their shoes, you really can't know. I feel like I am getting a little taste of what it's like. Not pleasant.

Just because you don't look sick doesn't mean you feel great. And it's okay to say so.

Give yourself permission to lay low and cancel plans. Disappointing others or yourself happens.

Be grateful to family, friends and coworkers who are willing to pick up the slack for you without complaining.

Remember, 'Ain't Nobody Got It Easy' (thanks Drew Holcomb and the Neighbours). 

Appreciate the gifts of a comfy chair and a cozy blanket.

Don't worry. Be hopeful. 

Celebrate when you feel better! 

Love, 
Me 













4 comments:

  1. Sorry you're sick, Aneta. It sounds like a nasty flu. I hope you recover quickly - keep drinking tea and taking it easy until you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon!!! You gave great advice when one is sick or when dealing with sick people. I tend to be a little "short" with people who are sick (maybe because I don't get sick a lot), so in the future I'll try to be a bit kinder!

    Rest up!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe...I hope you are feeling better soon. It's a nasty one. I had a weird swollen glands, blocked sinus thing but I got away lucky only 3 days of really gross and 2 days not too bad. I think it's over but it always does a number on my already limited energy levels. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, love. So sorry. You need a hug. A big one. And every word you say rings true. Tough being down, especially when you're the one who's always up. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!