Hello, all of you faithful blog readers. Thanks for the well wishes last week. Feeling much better (finally!)
There are so many blogs shutting down these days, have you noticed? Closing doors. Walking away. Especially, it seems, the ones with huge followings. Is blogging becoming a thing of the past? Maybe blogging is going back to its roots? Not to make money, sell books, or garner a 'tribe', but just to be a listening ear, a ray of light, and a place for those of like minds to connect over similarities or challenge each other over differences. To be a community of 'friends' of sorts.
Don't worry, folks, my little web log isn't going anywhere for now. I like this quiet little corner of the blogiverse, where I randomly and intermittently write when I want to share or connect. And I enjoy skimming my list of favorite bloggers regularly, chuckling, being inspired, sharing burdens, praying for others, expanding my horizons, and getting a little view into their world. Seeing how we are all alike and how we are all unique. I think it's wonderful most of the time. (Sometimes, if I think too much about it, blogging is just weird ;)
I've realized that bloggers I've never met other than online count as some of my favorite people! And they ARE real people, I can attest to that. I've received books, a kitchen towel, a hand carved tea spoon, journals, and more... from them. And personal emails. Who woulda thunk?
I first started blogging in 2005. Crazy, hey? I've moved to a new address several times, started new blogs, then left them hanging, not having the heart to break off completely (how cruel). Some I visit and add to, but updating once a year doesn't sound too committed to me! Others I've locked up.. for my eyes only or with a few friends. I guess I should clean (blog)house sometime! It would probably feel good.
How about you? How long have you been blogging? Still love it as much as when you started, or more?
And before I go, for those of you who enjoy reading on your Kindle or online, here are some free ebooks for this month. Check the 'free' dates for the ones you might like! I downloaded Beyond Ordinary for free today. Just because. Sometimes ordinary isn't good enough.
But the book I am really looking forward to beginning later today is Giants In the Earth. I heard a discussion about it on my favorite podcast and decided it was worth purchasing for a few dollars. I look forward to getting engrossed in another good story!
I also started in 2005. And have also been pondering the change in blogging of late. I still enjoy it as much as ever, but over the years I've had ups and downs in my access and my time to blog.
ReplyDeleteLife & Faith in Caneyhead
I too started in 2005. I do like blogging pretty much as I did when I first started. I've walked away several times when it got a bit tedious but always found my way back, LOL. It is a wonderful community of people out there and since I work at home and don't get out a lot to socialize, this is a great way to do so :)
ReplyDeletebetty
Hi Nita! I guess I am the 'newbie'. I started blogging a year and a half ago.
ReplyDeleteI hoped to get better at writing, that was about the extent of my goals. Of course, I love to see my blog friends when they visit, and visit them too. I don't think I'll ever want to make money from my blog. First, I don't think I'd make much and second, it sounds like too much work :)
Glad you are happy with blogging. You've been at it a long time!
Blessings,
Ceil