Did the best thing I could possibly do today-- spent some time outside, in the sunshine. Ridding the lawn and lilac bush undergrowth of soggy, matted Fall leaves and yellow, dried pine needles, and other unwelcome odds and ends that have blown into our little piece of the world over the last few months. There's always more we could do to beautify this 1/3 of an acre, but we're both not perfectionists when it comes to our yard. I like it clean and tidy, but there are a lot of 'little wild spaces' which might always be there and I'm okay with that. Better Homes and Gardens need not check out our property!
After an hour or so of back-tiring labour, I decided it was time to lay down on the sloped lawn and look up at the sky.
It reminded me of a quote I heard today.
He who keeps his nose to the grindstone
gains nothing but a sharp nose. (Barbara Mahaney)
My thoughts exactly!
Isn't it great to be outdoors again? I can't wait to plant some seeds in my garden. Love your new blog header!
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty sky! And glad the weather was nice enough for you to enjoy some time outside!!!
ReplyDeletebetty
Thanks, Kristie. Yes, I finally decided on a photo to put up for my blog header.. a view from here!
ReplyDeleteI love the effect of gardening and weeding, but I enjoy the after part better than the doing it part. ;)
ReplyDelete