Jul 7, 2015

The Book Stack July 2015 Edition

So, it's officially summer break for me, which could translate into lots of time for summer reading. And I'm well prepared...



As you can see, true to form, there aren't a lot of fiction books in this stack. In fact, there is only one. Hello, my name is Aneta and I'm a nonfiction junkie. Always have been. Probably always will be. I'm hopeless.

BUT, that doesn't mean I don't enjoy some good fiction.  I've purchased some for my Kindle recently and I'm looking forward to more bedtime, poolside, or beach reading. I'll let you know if I hit the jackpot with any of them.

Have you read any of these?:

The Curious Case of the Missing Figurehead by Diane Noble

Blue Hole Back Home: A Novel by Joy Jordan-Lake

A Heart Deceived: A Novel by Michelle Griep

How Sweet the Sound: A Novel by Amy K. Sorrells

And if you look closely at this photo, you'll see what's really been keeping me in my cozy chair.  It's not the books..

He's called a lap dog for good reason!


10 comments:

  1. Ah, Ragamuffin...good choice. You'll underline lots. I've given away two copies, I think, and will get another. The Ortberg you'll like too, I think. I'm going to look for the top one on your stack. I like some non-fiction, but my brain needs a good escape. :) Love your sweet doggie baby. Lap dogs are best, as my pugs will attest to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've started Seeing in the Dark -- it's a good one! Ragamuffin is very good! In the middle of that one..

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of those you listed or any in the picture either. You'll have to tell us your thoughts on them. Such a cute little dog :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will let you know which are definitely worth reading!

      Delete
  3. I read Ragamuffin a few years ago, when I was first truly becoming open to seeing the world in a less constricted light than I always had. Since then I have completely changed. That book really is full of soul-lightening grace! I'm reading a fiction work right now called The Hatbox Baby. I would have never picked it, but I looked up local discussion groups at our library and one is coming up in early August on this book. I started it and can't hardly put it down - very good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check The Hatbox Baby! Thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete
  4. I have a book I'm almost finished with, one I'm waiting to read, one I need to check out of the library as soon as it comes in (the second in a series) and one my daughter just said was a must read, a modern retelling of Jane Eyre.
    Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that sounds like me, except that I've stopped borrowing from the library for a bit because I have too many 'to reads' on my table and Kindle! I have to control myself!

      Delete
  5. That's a pretty impressive stack of books, especially considering you also have some waiting on your Kindle. If you like mysteries I highly recommend the Louise Penny Inspector Gamache series. She is a Canadian author, and the books on set in rural Quebec.

    Your puppy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he IS adorable. A good companion! Thanks for the recommendation. Mysteries aren't usually my go-to, although this one could change that.

      Delete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!