I am completely unsure of what to write about for the word Complete. Complete is a difficult theme. There are so many different angles to take. Complete can be used both positively and negatively.
That is a complete mess!
I’m completely befuddled!
Completed work is the only
acceptable work if you want to get an A.
I am complete in Him.
You have completed the
exam.
Don’t start something if
you can’t complete it.
I’m completely in love.
He who began a good work in you is faithful to complete it. (Thankfully!)
I’m a great starter but
sometimes I find it hard to complete things. Can you relate? I enjoy knitting
and I usually have several projects on the go. Sometimes they sit in my
knitting basket for a long time, because I’ve lost interest in completing them.
Yes, sometimes the Second Sock Syndrome hits and a half completed sock languishes on-the-needles. Such a sad sight.
Sometimes I even forget what pattern I was using, so I have to look it up
again..it’s been that long!
I often get excited about new activities to pursue,
but after a time, I lose interest. I may not have really completed learning about it, but the
passion wanes for a time, sometimes longer.
I guess that’s just part of
my personality. Nothing wrong with that, is there?
There, 5 minutes of writing completed!
I can totally relate to the half-finished projects, languishing in my craft basket! I crochet, and I have several projects that have been waiting patiently for me to get back to them. Thanks for writing and sharing this week. I really enjoyed reading your post!
ReplyDeleteThanks for popping by! Hope you get motivated to finish your favorites! :)
DeleteI seem to be better at completing some things than others, but I do find craft projects hard to finish. I have quite a few cross stitch projects I've started and not got round to finishing because they always take longer than I expect! Visiting from FMF #24.
ReplyDeleteOh, I used to do cross stitch as well and yes, they do take a lot of time, but the finished product is worth it! Thanks for visiting :)
DeleteI think we all have projects we start but then have to find the motivation to complete them. I am glad I am complete in Jesus :)
ReplyDeletebetty
me, too! :)
DeleteDealing with the prospect of terminal illness, I have found that I'm OK with things left uncompleted; the effort I can still apply is enough to win the day.
ReplyDeleteThe road is the reward, and the journey is the destination.
#1 at FMF this week.
https://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2018/09/your-dying-spouse-518-my-position-is.html
Incomplete projects aren't so important in the scheme of things, you are right. Effort is enough. Your perspective is appreciated. Thanks for stopping by!
DeleteI am definitely more of a starter than a completer because it's so much FUN to start new things =) But there is certainly satisfaction in completing projects and that is the flip side for me -- sometimes I don't start a project because I know I won't get it done in a day and then it will/might sit there....
ReplyDeleteTrue! I like unfinished projects if I know I can get to them when I want. Thanks for visiting, friend!
Delete