Oct 30, 2018

~Voice~


Day 30 Voice

Are you a fan of The Voice? It's my favorite reality singing competition TV show, hands down.

I’ve always loved music and enjoy listening to a variety of musical genres. But it’s not just the music. It’s the journey that the competitors are on. When I listen to their stories of where they’ve come from and what motivates them to compete, I begin to really root for them. 

It's interesting how many of these competitors started singing in church. Where else do children learn to sing, unless they are in singing lessons or perhaps in a school choir?   Are the arts valued in schools as much as sports are?

Whenever I look after my little grandson, I turn on the music and dance with him. He usually lets me know he wants to listen to music because he starts shaking his head and moving his little body side to side -- he's got MOVES! It is sooooo adorable!

 I can’t imagine a world without the arts, be it music, drama, dance, or visual.  I think it’s extremely important for children to be given some exposure to the arts when they are young, so they can learn to appreciate it. Through enjoying the arts, they will discover whether they have a passion for it, and then, hopefully pursue it further. 

Each of us has a unique contribution to make in this world, and for many, it’s expressed through the arts.



Photo by Felix Koutchinski on Unsplash

2 comments:

  1. Its a shame at so many of the schools here due to budget cuts the arts have been eliminated. I don't watch the Voice, but have watched American Idol int he past.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wished I could sing. Or play an instrument. BUT I do love to dance! =)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!