Nov 10, 2018

The books are coming!

I've been on a sort of book binge lately. I received a generous Amazon gift card from my previous employer when I moved on to other adventures at the end of June. To me Amazon equates books, even though I could order so many other items,  and so I began loading up my cart, looking for both new and used good reads. I finally clicked on 'checkout' and now I'm happily awaiting the mail carrier each day to see if there's another package to open.

Here is one I received this past week. The Power of a Praying Grandparent by Stormie Omartian is  a book of encouragement and prayers to remind me to pray consistently for my grandchildren (one dear little boy and one on the way so far!). It reminds me to focus on encouraging my son and his wife as they start out their parenting adventure. I remember how exhausting it can be with little ones and it's such a huge responsibility (and a privilege) to raise children. These days there are so many more waters to navigate with our ever changing times, including the explosion of the internet. It seems we had an easier time in some ways.

Becoming a grandparent was one of the happiest days of my entire life, and I want to be the best I can be and a force for good in my grandchildren's lives. My mom has been a great role model, of which I am so thankful!

We are promised that our prayers won't return void. God is always working, even though we may not see it or feel it. And so I will continue to pray!


"Having a grandchild is to forever have your heart walk around outside your body" 







4 comments:

  1. Congrats on another baby on the way! She does write good books; I'll have to check this out. I know I do a lot of praying for the wee one, but more focus could be a good thing!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it's good. I'm sure you'd find it worthwhile.

      Delete
  2. We are promised that our prayers won't return void, and you know what? they don't. How amazing is that? My prayers definitely do not return void, haven't for years now, and for this I am eternally grateful.
    Grandchildren, how I wish.
    Blessings from Geoff in South Africa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm eternally grateful, too, for a God who knows us and hears us. Thanks for visiting my blog!

      Delete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!