Apr 3, 2019
~C is for Chewy~
Every afternoon almost without fail, Enzo the Chi knows he's going to get a chewy treat inside his mini kong He will spend up to a half hour trying to get that liver treat out of the rubber treat holder. I know he loves it, so I regularly cook up the meat, cut it in tiny wedges, freeze the pieces, and then stuff one into his kong. What better way to say 'you're special' than with something edible? The chewier the better!
I've been known to add 'weird' ingredients to my baking. My husband regularly asks me point blank whether the cookies I'm baking are normal or not. 'Normal' cookies are the regular ones he used to enjoy before I became enlightened on using healthier ingredients. I rarely bake cookies anymore, so when I offer him a chewy, sweet treat, he knows I'm thinking of him.
My little grandson has quickly learned that when he comes over, he is going to get a treat. He beelines it to the fridge and starts pulling on our kitchen freezer handle and says "Foo!" He likes food! I keep my baking in the freezer and when he asks for it, he usually gets it!
Everyone needs to know they're special. What little sweet thing can you do to communicate that? Do you treat yourself?
#AtoZChallenge
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You have great chewy treats you share with your family and pooch! Our corgi never could get the hang of that Kong toy. I'm wondering if it was because of his short legs.
ReplyDeletebetty
Enzo has too pointy of a snout to really grab the treat, unless he manages to make it fall out of the kong. But he will spend a half hour trying! I often help him after that!
DeleteI had a similar experience. I don't like to bake or even cook. But once a year I make cookies - Liver Cookies for my grand dogs, and Chocolate Chip Cookies for my husband.
ReplyDeleteOne year I made the Liver cookies first. I put them on a plate on the counter to cool and then was doing something in the living room. My husband wandered into the living room and said to me, "So I am guessing those cookies aren't chocolate chips!" He was chewing on something. Ha!
That's hilarious! ;) I used to love to bake, but maybe I'll bake more now that my little grandson is really starting to enjoy the treats!
Delete