Apr 5, 2019

E is for Expect More

"More."

His little eyes look up at mine and he signs 'more' with his little fingers touching his lips. How can I resist giving my favorite little toddler grandson one more muffin or piece of fruit or cookie?

 Little children haven't learned yet that it might not be polite to ask for more. They know what they want and they ask for it. Which reminds me of these simple, wise words: "Ask for what you want." You'll never get it if you don't ask. Little children lead the way!

My One Word for 2018 was MORE, based on the words of Paul, in a letter to the church in Ephesus. "God can do  anything, you know - far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, His spirit deeply and gently within us." (The Message Bible Ephesians 3:30-21)

My little grandson reminds me that it's good to ask for and expect more.

 #AtoZChallenge

5 comments:

  1. If we don't ask, we might not get so it is good to ask for more, especially from God asking him for more wisdom :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grand children - there are practically no rules! One of the benefits of being a grand parent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I've broken almost all the rules already! ;)

      Delete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!