Apr 12, 2019

K is for Kindness

 Only when we have become nonviolent towards all life will we have learned to live well with others.Cesar Chavez
Both children and animals are totally dependent on the care of others. Their dependency reminds us that we were all once that vulnerable. What a responsibility we have towards those who cannot speak for themselves!

We are teaching our grandson, by example, to be very gentle, and most of the time he is. If we see him doing otherwise, we remind him that Enzo needs to be treated very carefully and that we are kind to our animals as well as our people. 


5 comments:

  1. Kindness is a lesson we ought to teach every day by example- great grandparenting❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a good lesson to learn to be kind! I remember since almost day 1 with the wee one (well when he got more mobile) I would say "gentle" if he was hitting something hard, etc. He learned gentle, but he still has the moments with the dog (theirs) but thankfully the dog is very forgiving.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kindness is definitely an important lesson
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great lesson all people need to learn.

    I am at Transformed Nonconformist. I usually write humor pieces, but I am getting serious this month. I'm writing about people who have deeply impacted my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always said - I have 3 weaknesses: children, pets and the elderly. They are all beings that need special care. And if you demonstrate anything those 3 classes of beings that isn't kind - MY un-kind side comes out.

    In 8 years of taking care of my mother that side of me made a number of 'center stage performances' with other individuals on her behalf.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!