Apr 15, 2019

M is for Mistakes

"Uh-oh" says my little grandson, when his spoon falls to the floor or a cup falls over. He says it without hesitation and without embarrassment. It's just a fact. Something has gone wrong and he owns it.

It's a reminder to me to own my mistakes without shame. We all have regrets, things we wish we had or hadn't said or done. Sometimes the best thing to do is to accept our failure, confess it, and move on.

There is freedom in confession. I've experienced that.




Photo by chuttersnap on Unsplash


2 comments:

  1. Owning up to one's mistakes can be difficult and no one truly likes to do it, but I find it freeing to own up and own up quickly. I can then put it behind me (not entirely but you know what I mean, learn from it) and try not to make the same mistake again (which I often do).

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get hung up on making sure an action or decision is the right one. I make up my mind kind of quickly and move ahead. And if it was the wrong decision or a mistake ... oh well... correct it and move ahead. Life is too short to spend time seeking a perfect anything!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!