Apr 22, 2019

S is for Spontaneous

Spontaneous: 
performed or occurring as a result of a sudden inner impulse or inclination and without premeditation or external stimulus
having an open, natural, and uninhibited manner

Watch a little child play for just a few moments and you'll observe spontaneity. 

My little grandson recently discovered his 'talent' for making Donald Duck-like quacking sounds.  It's hilarious because he looks so serious when he's doing it, even though we are all laughing uncontrollably.  He's just being who he is in that moment, with no inhibitions.  What a joy is is to simply observe him smiling, laughing, and being goofy without a thought of whether it's 'proper' or not. 

I wonder when was the first moment that we as little children, became inhibited or cautious, wondering what others might think, and second guessing our actions?

No matter if we are planners or more impulsive, it's a good thing to be spontaneous at times. It will bring out that inner child that needs some fun!



2 comments:

  1. I agree, being spontaneous is a great thing to do at times! I hope you guys have videoed your grandson when he is doing this. I bet it is a kick to watch.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't yet, but maybe my son has! It really is funny!

      Delete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!