Apr 27, 2019

X is for eXpectancy

My grandchild's eyes light up when he knows he's heading for a ride in the car or for a walk outdoors. He might not know exactly what's going to happen (and he has no control over where he's being taken), but he is still excited about the adventure ahead. He may not have a lot of expectations in his young life, but expectancy is something he has in spades.

Expectations are about what you think will likely or even specifically happen. They often lead to disappointment. 

Expectancy is about anticipation. That's another word I really love. I used to have a little sticky note with ANTICIPATE! written on it. It reminded me that when life throws curve balls, and I felt little control,  I could trust and take comfort, especially when believing that God is near and knows the whole story, beginning, middle, and end. Expectancy says "I don't know what's going to happen, but I believe it will be good". 

I'd like to be have less expectation and more expectancy. How about you?








1 comment:

  1. I'm with you. I too would like to have less expectation and more expectancy. Now to try to have that happen.

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!