Although I haven't been blogging much lately, I usually have a million thoughts whizzing through my head, it seems. It's remembering them for later, deciding whether to share them, and then taking the time to actually share them that's the issue!
I came across an interesting quote recently as I was checking out the site www.matthewdicks.com, on how to remember the interesting stories we live, so that we can write about them later. The question to ask yourself everyday is:
Matthew Dick suggests writing this memory down in two or three sentences at the most, with just enough details to remember it later. That's it. He dubs this "homework for life".
That seems to me a great way to generate content for a blog. I'm beginning to write these experiences in my bullet journal. We'll see where it takes me. At least I will have them down somewhere. Perhaps it'll inspire me to continue blogging more regularly.
I came across an interesting quote recently as I was checking out the site www.matthewdicks.com, on how to remember the interesting stories we live, so that we can write about them later. The question to ask yourself everyday is:
If I had to tell a story from today, no matter how benign or ordinary it may seem, what would that most storyworthy moment be?
Matthew Dick suggests writing this memory down in two or three sentences at the most, with just enough details to remember it later. That's it. He dubs this "homework for life".
That seems to me a great way to generate content for a blog. I'm beginning to write these experiences in my bullet journal. We'll see where it takes me. At least I will have them down somewhere. Perhaps it'll inspire me to continue blogging more regularly.
I might have to do this. I'm going to the store today. I think I'll pick up a new notebook and remember to do this daily. Thanks for posting it! I hope you are having a great summer!
ReplyDeletebetty
That's a good idea.
ReplyDelete