Oct 10, 2020

Revisiting my ONE WORD

 In January of this year, I chose the word  'breathe' to focus on this year. Little did I know how apt that word would be! 

Breathe reminds me  of the fresh, clean, uninfected air we have all taken for granted in this part of the world. Up till now. Since March, air has become suspect. We're giving others the side-eye when there's a cough or a sneeze. Am I breathing in a virus, we wonder? Should I be afraid? All the masked people, the covid protocol signage, the ubiquitous hand sanitizers,  and the constant daily COVID updates on the news  remind me of the risk we are taking simply by being away from our homes and breathing. 

I certainly don't want to get into a debate on whether or not we should all be wearing masks. I really don't want to go there. Everyone has their reasons, and nobody's wanting their opinions to be swayed. 

I just want to breathe normally again. I don't want to see stacks of masks for sale. I don't want masks to become a fashion accessory (I know, that's already happened). I don't want to check to be sure that I have an available mask in my purse. 

I'm tired of holding my breath. 

I just want to simply breathe. 

We all need a fresh wind to blow through our communities, our cities, our nation, and our world.  I need to remember that the story isn't over. God is still on his throne, ruling with love. And I need to take a deep breath regularly and trust!

But how all of this craziness in the world is going to play out, who really knows? 

Just some thoughts I've been having lately. 

Hope you are finding your way through this, with more good days than bad! 

Photo by Rachel Williams on Unsplash



6 comments:

  1. I think we all need to stop and take a breath at the moment, especially before we speak sometimes. It's definitely an apt word for the year but not as you envisaged I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My one word was supposed to be serenity. I am no sure how much of that I have seen this year! As you say, just trying to keep my eyes fixed on The Lord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s a great word and a reminder that real peace is a gift from above!

      Delete
  3. My word was supposed to be vision as 20/20 is perfect vision. And focus with that vision on the Lord. I don't think I've done well with it at all. Four months into mandated mask wearing I still have days where I'm getting out of the car and seeing someone wearing a mask and then having to remember I need to wear one too. Its weird because it makes no sense but I feel like I can't see that well wearing one. When/if they ever become not mandated I'll be very thankful.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I honestly can’t wear one for very long without feeling short of breath. Not healthy! Its been a tough year— I’m sure you’ve handled it the best you could.

      Delete
    2. “I need to remember that the story isn't over. God is still . . . ruling with love.” Amen and amen!

      These days are difficult ones. But God . . .

      Delete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!