Feb 13, 2021

Five Minute Friday:: Once

 Another Friday freewrite coming up! That's 5 minutes of writing, with no (or little) editing. Come join in with the community of writers here. 

Once

Just once, stand still and observe the happenings outside your kitchen window.


Just once, put yourself in someone else’s shoes and see what happens to your perspective

Just once, say yes when fear makes you want to say no.

Just once, do what you said you’d do for yourself today.

Just once, go out in the freezing cold for a brisk walk.


Just once, send that card telling someone how much they mean to you. 

Just once, say “Thanks for that, I’ll definitely think about it”, when you just want to dismiss the unsolicited advice.

Just once, stop fretting and tell your soul to trust, really trust.

Just once, stop yourself in mid thought and ask if you are liking the way you are heading.

Just once, just do it, without over thinking.

Just once, make that appointment you’ve been putting off, but is taking up too much space in your head.

Just once, believe that the whole world is in His hands, not yours.

 Just once, go for a walk alone in the woods.

 Just once, belly laugh. 

Just once, dance like crazy alone in your kitchen.

Because sometimes

Just once is enough to keep it going.

 

What would you recommend doing just once? 

4 comments:

  1. Great list of just once(s). I would add just once get the facts and don't rely just on feelings :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, I like it@ :) We need to take those moments don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list, but I hope we wind up doing some of those things more than once. :)
    Visiting from #5

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!