What would I do without Zoom meetings these days? Where would I be? Sometimes it feels as if I am leaving one meeting, only to prepare for the next one!
When I was working as an online support teacher, I hated Zoom meetings. I would much rather visit a student in person than over a Zoom call. I even disliked staff meetings. There was something so awkward about everyone's faces up close, staring at screens, while the presenter was talking.
Fast forward about four years, and my opinion has changed. As frustrating and imperfect as it is at times, I am honestly thankful to meet with others online. With so many hesitant about meeting in each others' homes or in offices, and with limited travel, Zoom has definitely filled a need.
Thanks to Zoom, I can attend our homegroup where we laugh, discuss a video, and pray together.
Thanks to Zoom, I can learn how to craft a rule of life, from a Renovare webinar, along with people from all over the world.
Thanks to Zoom, I can listen to an encouraging discussion on keeping our country strong and free.
Thanks to Zoom, I can join a small group of writers, reading and listening to each other.
Thanks to Zoom, I can be a part of a Mighty Network of writers who meet weekly.
Thanks to Zoom, I can participate in a prayer retreat.
Thanks to Zoom, I and my siblings can celebrate my mom's 85th birthday 'together'.
No, Zoom isn't ideal. I am missing my friends, my family, my freedoms (to be honest), and I probably am going to burn out on Zoom at some point. But at this point in time, this month, this week, today... I'm feeling grateful for Zoom!
How about you? Are you a Zoomer?
Photo by Chris Montgomery on Unsplash
I’m definitely a Zoomer and it sounds like I’ll see you there this evening!
ReplyDeleteI'm definitely a Zoomer and it sounds like I'll see you there tonight!
ReplyDeleteI've got used to Zoom - we use it for regular catch ups with hubby's siblings which has been great during the pandemic.
ReplyDeleteI haven't Zoomed in about 6 months or so. I was happy to find Zoom during Covid, when I used it for work and then our family used it for monthly gatherings. We even played games and celebrated holidays and birthdays.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are enjoying Zoom!! Happy belated 85th birthday to your mom!
ReplyDeleteI have not used Zoom except once for a job interview (didn't get the job, but didn't want it lol). I know our previous church was doing a lot of their small groups on it and of course meetings at work, etc. Maybe I'll have to jump in and take the plunge and try it sometime!
betty