It may not be the BEST part, but definitely one of the best parts about being a mom is (hopefully) you get to become a grandmom, too! I know there are no guarantees. Especially in this day and age, it's not something one can count on, anymore. But... in my case, I have been blessed with five grandchildren (one will be born in June!). I do not take that for granted! I am thankful almost daily for these special little humans!
Today, I took my little three year old granddaughter Audrey out to the garden centre and then to Wendy's for lunch. She was thrilled. I was thrilled. It was our first ever grandmother/granddaughter date, and I'm hoping for many more. I can't imagine her as a teenager and still wanting to hang out with Oma, but it might happen! I've seen it happen!
![]() |
My 20 year old nephew took my 85 year old mother (his grandmother) shopping the other day for shoes! She told me he had her sit down while he unboxed the various shoes and put them on her feet. He was patient and caring. I think that's pretty amazing! I sent him a text to thank him for taking the time to care for my mom.. it means a lot, especially since all of her daughters do not live near her. His reply was "I've told Oma that if she needs anything to just let me know." Wow. If I have anything to do with it, those are goals I have for myself. To have such a good relationship with my grandchildren that they would want to help me out when I'm old, weak, and slow. And kudos to his parents for raising such a stellar young man.
Grateful me.

She is so cute! How great you have (almost) 5 grands! I know you treasure the time you get to spend with them! Very sweet too with your nephew helping out your mom/his grandmother! Truly lots of blessings!
ReplyDeletebetty
She’s adorable! There’s hope for the teenage years—my granddaughter is 13 and we still enjoy grandmother/granddaughter time regularly. I hope it lasts!
ReplyDeleteStellar and then some. That's not something you see or hear much for sure. How sweet he did that. Your granddaughter is adorable. Sounds like you two had a fun outing. I'm a mother, but my DD is very single and going on 40, so don't believe being a grandmother is in the cards at all for me. 5 x for you!
ReplyDeleteOh she is adorable! And it looks like she is having a wonderful time with her Oma. I love spending time with my grandchildren. They are a true blessing.
ReplyDelete