Jan 21, 2023

~Book Review: Discovering God Through The Arts by Terry Glaspey~

 “When we ask little from the arts, we will likely receive little in return. But if we allow them to do so, they can enrich our walk with God in life-changing ways.” Terry Glaspey

This book is a great starting point to begin to experience various art forms as companions along our spiritual path. Chances are, most of us may have already experienced the wonder and mystery of God through books, paintings, music, film, and more. Terry Glaspey helps us pay more attention, dig for deeper meanings, find comfort, and even awaken a passion for justice through the arts. I particularly enjoyed his insights on famous paintings included in the book. I only wish the images had been full glossy pages. But this will motivate me to investigate them further through online sites and library books. I was happy to see that a list of resources were included in the final chapter. I will be referring to this regularly, as I look for books, music, poetry, and visual art. Hopefully this list will be updated at some point with more current musical artists. Glaspey’s writing is very accessible, like a knowledgeable, good friend walking alongside, pointing out what I may otherwise have missed. Highly recommended.

I received this book free from Moody Publishers in exchange for an honest review. Grateful!




1 comment:

  1. I always enjoy seeing what everyone is reading. There are so many wonderful selections out there. I might see if the library has this one. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!