Here is one of my favorite quotes. It says so much in such a wonderful way.
“To be Queen Elizabeth within a definite area, deciding sales, banquets, labours, and holidays; to be Whitely within a certain area, providing toys, boots, cakes and books; to be Aristotle within a certain area, teaching morals, manners, theology, and hygiene; I can imagine how this can exhaust the mind, but I cannot imagine how it could narrow it. How can it be a large career to tell other people about the Rule of Three, and a small career to tell one's own children about the universe? How can it be broad to be the same thing to everyone and narrow to be everything to someone? No, a woman's function is laborious, but because it is gigantic, not because it is minute.”
― G.K. Chesterton
Care to share any favorite quotes?
Great quote, and one I hadn't read before. Thanks for sharing it!
ReplyDeleteThis quote shows where I'm at right now with spring cleaning "Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful."
ReplyDeleteThat's very good! I have been doing that w my clothes but if I don't watch it, my closet will be empty!
DeleteThat's wonderful.
ReplyDeleteGreat quote! One of my favorites is by J.R.R. Tolkien;
ReplyDelete"A single dream is greater than a thousand realities."
Here's one I read recently: "Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
ReplyDelete