Apr 28, 2012

Y is for Yen

At this moment I have a yen to be done with the A-Z Challenge. I’ve been away at a convention and every once in a while, at the most random moments, my mind would wander to possible Y words to use. It’s not that our Home Education Convention was boring—it was great!  But the mind is a strange animal at times. It often does what it wants and takes me on strange little ‘rabbit trails’. ;)

I am so close to finishing this Challenge, and I don’t want to miss a single day, especially when I can almost taste the sweet victory of success.

In the past few days, I’ve had a yen for Chinese food, and then Japanese food. Both satisfied. I also had a yen for a Starbucks Mocha Frappacino, and that did not disappoint.

I also had a yen to relax at the end of each day of sessions and socializing.

And, of course, I had a yen for returning to my humble abode. Two nights in a hotel is enough for me.

I also had a yen to write a fascinating post. But that yen did not deliver.

7 comments:

  1. Strangely enough, when I read your title the first thing that came to mind was the Japanese Yen, A unit of currency. Ah, but your meaning came through in the end and your yearning showed through despite the Geisha girl imagery that at first reared its interesting head with kimonos and painted faces.
    Blessings from South Africa, Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, I wasn't thinking of the currency, but it almost worked, until the end. Thanks for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  2. I love the word "yen". It doesn't get used enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you repeat it too often, it starts to sound strange! ;)

      Delete
  3. what a great word...I had actually forgotten about it. But yes, a wonderful Y word!

    ReplyDelete
  4. visiting from A/Z (and we are so close to being done :) What a great use of Y! I like the word "yen", I agree with Sonya's comment; it doesn't get used enough. I also like it because I'm going to stash it away when playing Word With Friends on Facebook :)

    very nice!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi notes4neta,
    I'm also leaping over from your visit to my blog. So happy you've nearly finished your 'yen'! Love the list of A to Z you compiled on the sidebar.

    Nutmeg

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!