Apr 30, 2012

Z is for Zillion

That’s how many blogs there are out in the blogosphere. And because of the A-Z Challenge, I’ve met some more interesting people! Bonus! There are a zillion people I could ‘follow’, but that’s not really reasonable. One can only read so many blogs.

One must also make supper and converse with those living under the same roof, at the least!

Not long ago a friend asked me why I blog. That’s a good question. I thought it was mainly because I enjoy writing now and then, and writing on blogs looks so much nicer than on paper! But as I thought about it, I think it has to do with community. The blogosphere is a unique community. We read each others’ thoughts, ideas, and contributions to a variety of topics and we comment now and then, carrying on a ‘conversation’ of sorts. Maybe it’s a bit like talking to a neighbour over the fence. And some of those neighbours may become friends.  Blogging certainly doesn’t take the place of face-to-face communication, but I think it does have its place. Besides, it’s fun (most of the time). If it wasn’t, I wouldn’t be doing it. I do take breaks when blogging seems to become a chore. 

So, I just want to say thanks to those who took the time to check out Rabbit Trails and leave comments and even ‘follow’ me!  I really enjoyed checking out new blogs and have ‘met’ some interesting people in this wide world whom I hope to visit regularly!

Isn’t it neat how there seems to be a zillion bloggers out there, yet everyone is so unique? We are each one in a zillion! Created as individual masterpieces.  Just like snowflakes in a winter sky!

Enjoy your day, fellow bloggers!

5 comments:

  1. I like how you described zillion of blogs like snowflakes in the sky :) And you are right, there are zillions of blogs out there :)

    I basically blog for the same reason you enjoy blogging; it is a neat community out here; we do pray for each other, encourage each other, support each other, though we may never meet this side of eternity. Its neat.But you are right, we have to make sure we take care of our "real life" relationships too :)

    congrats for finishing the challenge!! Enjoy the day!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You, too! Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. I love the word "zillion" I use it often myself. You are right, there are a ZILLION bloggers out there. Love the title of your blog.

    ScribblesFromJenn
    Congratulations on finishing the A to Z challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We made it through the challenge. Yay for us! I'll be seeing you (stopping by again) in a few.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another new follower here. And one of a zillion bloggers out here. Yes, the blogging world is vast.


    Lee
    Congratulations on making it through the A to Z Challenge. Join us on May 7th with your Challenge Reflections post.

    A Faraway View
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!