May 24, 2012

Serendipity

I love it when I get an  'unexpected bit of happiness' added to my day.

Today I discovered a new (to me) Canadian musical artist. I listen to CBC radio a lot while I'm driving because much of their music radio programming is wonderful.

A minute before I arrived at my destination, the radio host said, "You've got to listen to Reid Jamieson's rendition of My Heart Will Go On". Originally sung by Celine Dion and played a million times during its popularity, I grew to dislike this particular song. But, oh my, when you listen to Reid Jamieson sing it, it's a new song. Simple and beautiful.

So, I arrived at my destination and sat in my car while the song played on. You can listen to it here.

Later in the day, I found his music site and found this other lovely song. Hope you enjoy!


7 comments:

  1. Hadn't heard of him! I did like listening to the song above; I didn't listen to the other one because I didn't want to download Rhapsody onto the computer, but I take your word that he sang it great. It is neat when we discover a new singing talent we enjoy listening to :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for a new artist. He's one I've never heard of...will go off to listen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just listened to My Heart Will Go On and it was so beautiful! Love his style! Thanks sis - I'm going to see if I can download it from iTunes.

    Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and I must have been listening to the radio at the same time yesterday. I heard it too. Pretty good!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!