It’s THE ultimate challenge. Apparently, it’s not just any old endurance race. It’s “Iron Man meets Burning Man”. Not sure what Burning Man is, but it sounds hardcore. And apparently, a sense of humour, teamwork and camaraderie are essentials. In fact, the participants all have to agree to the Tough Mudder Pledge before beginning the Challenge. It’s stated that the challenge can’t be completed without working together. Funds are raised to support those who have suffered while in combat (The Wounded Warrior Project).
From the website:
Tough Mudder events are hardcore 10-12 mile obstacle courses designed by British Special Forces to test your all around strength, stamina, mental grit, and camaraderie. With the most innovative courses, half a million inspiring participants, and more than $3 million raised for the Wounded Warrior Project, Tough Mudder is the premier adventure challenge series in the world.
My 21yo son has been talking about doing this for quite a while. And yesterday he told me he had actually signed up and paid the registration fee to participate in Whistler (near Vancouver) at the end of June. So that means he’s going! I’m proud of him for taking this on. It will be quite the experience and I’m sure it will give him a great feeling of accomplishment once he gets through it. And he’ll have a few good stories to tell!

My friend in Ladner's two daughters are training for this too. Will you go watch?
ReplyDeleteBurning Man is a kind of New Agey gathering.
Wow, That is awesome! I hope we get to see some pictures. =)
ReplyDeleteMatthew and a few of his friends are going. I think they're all insane.
ReplyDeleteAfter watching the video ... I am totally in awe of his ambition and physical fitness. What about you Aneta? You've been working out ... ☺ We will be cheering for him!!
ReplyDeleteWow, that will be a thrill! I hope your son has a blast!!! ~Angela
ReplyDelete