Sep 13, 2012

And the places we’ve seen..

Well, this blog draft has been sitting long enough! I think I’ll just post these pics and leave it at that.  These were taken in

  • Sayward, an hour north of Campbell River on Vancouver Island – we visited one of the teachers I work with who, along with her husband, has developed an amazing 9 hole golf course on her property. Very beautiful!
  • Powell River – friends of ours moved here this Spring. It’s an hour or so ferry ride off of Vancouver Island, back to the mainland, but it is a ‘closed community’ – no way out but with ferries. There’s a low crime rate here for that reason. No place to run to! It’s really a picturesque community, and much nicer than I had anticipated. And having an empty lot full of blackberries next to our friends’ place – that was a bonus! :)
  • Campbell River – we camped a night here at Elk Falls. Again, it was beautiful. The trees are humungous!

Really, when you’re talking about Vancouver Island or the Gulf Islands, there’s not too much negative you can say. Everywhere you look there was beauty – water, mountains in the distance, ocean air, trees. Nice!

 golf course 5. Aug 12 090 Aug 12 091 Aug 12 092 Aug 12 097   Aug 12 098Aug 12 102 Aug 12 103 Aug 12 104 Aug 12 112

Aug 12 050 Aug 12 113 Aug 12 116

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. What great scenery - fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great paleo breakfast! With blackberries on the side - couldn't be healthier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your pictures! I can almost taste the salt in the air when I look at them. I miss blackberries. So common on the island and coast, but sadly a rare commodity in Kamloops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photo of the camp breakfast. There is just something about eating in the outdoors from a camp stove -- I just get ravenous.

    P.S. I LOVE camping! Our popup was one of the best purchases ever.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!