Nov 26, 2012

Cable Schmable

A few weeks ago we received an offer we couldn’t refuse. Our telephone company called and offered us basic cable TV for 6 months, with our monthly phone bill actually adjusted to costing us less than it was without cable. Didn’t make any sense to us, but we decided to go for it. We like saving $.  So, for the next 6 months we get to fight over the remote and watch painfully annoying commercials.

Thoughts on having cable so far:

1) I could care less about it. I rarely watch it. 

2) I’m too lazy to juggle 3 remote controls in order to watch a program.

3) Remote controls are too complicated. Just give me an off/off switch, volume control, and channel arrows. That would make it a lot simper.

4) If I want to watch a program, I prefer Netflix over cable.

5) Once this 6 month ‘special’ is over, I won’t shed a tear.

6) I watched the Grey Cup football game with my hubby, and I’m not even close to being a football fan.  Well, actually, I surfed the net and made supper during most of it.

I’m just not addicted to any TV programs at the moment. Are there any worth watching?

5 comments:

  1. Nope, no good shows out there to watch. We have cable but I can do without it. We're bundled with internet, cable and phone and it is actually cheaper to do it that way, like you said, then to have each individual service. I'd do without the phone too, but do need internet for work :)

    I'm also with you; the remotes are way too complicated for me!Q

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't actually watched any cable tv programs in months...netflix is enough for me. I just can't stand commercials! And it seems like there is never anything good on...100's of channels, but nothing interesting (except HGTV, and the Food Network, but I avoid those because they suck up too much of my time!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No cable. Don't want it. They tried again recently and we said no. We just don't watch it.

    OH, and I HATE remotes!
    With you all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the wrong person to answer your question. We got one of those flat screened TVs back in May and I do not know how to turn it on. When Jay was away in June there was a European Cup soccer game I wanted to watch and I had to phone my son to get instructions for turning it on and changing channels. And that was so long ago I can't remember any more how I did it. Enjoy your cable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We only have about a week left before our satellite channels will be cut off. We watch almost everything on the internet now so it made no sense to keep paying $60 a month for satellite service.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!