Apr 13, 2013

L is for Love List

I purchased Love List by Drs. Les and Leslie Parrott probably about 8 years ago. With a subtitle like 'Eight Little Things That Make a Big Difference In Your Marriage', I was convinced it would be worthwhile. I mean, who can't do 8 little things? Or at least, 2 or 3 ?

This book is organized into doing some little things once a day, once a week, once a month, and once a year. Example: Once a day.. take time to touch (if only for a minute).

Guess what the two most important minutes of your marriage are? The first two minutes when you see your spouse after a day of being away from each other.

The quote: "Experts agree that how you greet each other at the end of your day, after walking through the front door, sets the tone for your entire evening together. What's more, if you greet each other with a tender touch, you immediately release biochemicals in you and your partner that make both of you feel better. Sounds to good to be true, but it's not." p. 29 It's really not rocket science, is it?

As with so many things in life, it's the little things that make the difference. They really are the big things in a marriage, don't you think?

 

6 comments:

  1. I agree, the little things mean such a lot especially as the years go on in a marriage or relationship, it means you haven't forgot the first thrill of falling in love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've often thought about how Pippa greets us at the door - even if we only walked out to the car and back and thought that there had to be a lesson in there about greeting loved ones at the door! I wonder how our hubbies would react to being greeted like that when they got home? =)HA!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree. I always greet eddie with a kiss and a hug!

    Hugs!

    Valerie Nunez and the Flying Platypi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I totally agree with that, so I am going to add this to my book list to read what else they have to say. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a very worthwhile book. It is important to pay attention to the details of married life. And also very good to be reminded.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first two minutes together again at the end of a day? I love it.

    Dropping by from A to Z. This is my first year participating and I am having a blast.

    Brett Minor
    Transformed Nonconformist

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!