Apr 19, 2013

Q is for Quiet: The Power of Introverts

I borrowed this book, written by Susan Cain, from our local library a while back. According to a personality profile I've taken, I'm a combination of strong melancholy and secondarily phlegmatic, which makes me a die hard introvert. I wanted to get the goods on why being an introvert is a powerful thing.

Are you an introvert? Take Susan Cain's Quiet Quiz here: http://www.thepowerofintroverts.com/

And here are just a few reasons why introverts rock! I'll just list 3 of the 16 points in Susan Cain's Manifesto for Introverts; check out the rest of them here: http://www.thepowerofintroverts.com/sixteen-things-i-believe/

1. There’s a word for “people who are in their heads too much”: thinkers.

2. Our culture rightly admires risk-takers, but we need our “heed-takers” more than ever.

3. Solitude is a catalyst for innovation.

Imagine if the world was full of only extroverts... AAAAHHHHHH!!! But then again, imagine if the world was full of only introverts... AAAAHHHHH!!! Aren't you thankful for diversity?!

 

11 comments:

  1. I haven't take that quiz, yet (but I will) but I know for sure that I am an introvert. I love people, enjoy being with them, but I really need my 'hermit time'. I once heard a definition of extroverts of people who need to be around other people to recharge and introverts are those who need to be alone to recharge. That is for sure true about me!

    That book sounds interesting, I'll have to check it out. I used to feel bad that I wasn't more of an extrovert, but I've since accepted that of myself as not a bad thing. I know I will appreciate that book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always referred to myself as a double introvert. This book sounds like just the thing for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read this. I am introverted with a helping of shy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this book earlier this year - I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love quiet, people remark on how quiet my house or car is without tv and radio or music playing; but everyone who knows me...would say I'm most definitely not an introvert. I am very much a people person. Strangers tell me their life stories, which often irritates hubby or others I might be with. I don't know a stranger etc. Though, I've never taken one of those tests.

    A-Z

    ReplyDelete
  6. On her quiz at FB, I come out as a strong Introvert. All of it sounded right on target, except maybe for two of the choices. And I score first as a Melancholy and second as a Phlegmatic as you do. Wouldn't have pegged you as a melancholy sort. Curious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I took the quiz and I happen to be moderate introvert. Maybe this is the reason why I think people are generally both depending on the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your finish. Where would we be if there were only me's. Aaahhh!!!. I look forward to checking out the website to find out more about myself. Thanks. God bless, Maria Delight Directed Living

    ReplyDelete
  9. I took the quiz and I'm a moderate extrovert. I like my moments alone, but I can be comfortable in the group as well. And I've never been known for being quiet.

    Hi from Nagzilla bloghopping A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am looking forward to taking the quiz!

    visiting from A~Z
    http://wearinglemon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard really good things about this book, and being an introvert myself, I'm interested. I'm off to take the quiz!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!