After a busy day working, I decided to briefly scan Facebook, which caused me to click onto a linked blog, just because I could. No other reason. (except maybe procrastinating making supper... )
I scanned the blog post..it was LONG, and at the end, I read..
3695 comments.
No, that's not a typo.. Yes, that four digit number is correct.
Who is ever going to read through all those? But, wow!! Somebody is wildly popular! Go, person!!
I think the most comments I've ever had was 17! And I think that's pretty good. :)
I could write the book on "How To Lose Blog Commenters", but that's okay, because I realize that I really do blog mostly just because I want to.
Not because I have to.
Not because I promised to.
Not to gain oodles of readers.
So, it tends to be rather sporadic. Not a good habit for accumulating masses of readers.
But, don't get me wrong, I do love it when I get one or two comments.. and anymore than that, WOW, my Daily Satisfaction Meter goes through the roof!
All that is to say... WOW. 3695 comments. Unbelievable.
You make me laugh. And you've got me beat with 17 comments. I can't compete with either of you! :)
ReplyDeleteMe either!! =) some of those popular blogs are crazy eh?? I can't imagine keeping up with them all.
ReplyDeleteComments are a huge part of blogging. Without them it sort of feels like one hand clapping. I have to confess that when I see a blog post on one of the Big Bloggers sites that has hundreds of comments there is no way I am going to add to the number. It seems to me that when there are that many comments it isn't a personal conversation any more. How could the blogger possibly read through each one?
ReplyDeleteWell, I know I could never come near to competing, but then probably don't want to! I have enough to do keeping up with the blogs I follow, reading the comments I get, and creating the blog posts in the first place. If I had to read and reply to thousands of comments on just one post, when would I ever find time to write the posts in the first place, and to do the things that create the reason for the posts before that. Nope, happy now with the followers I have, and the blogs that I follow, and the commenters on my blog who are rapidly becoming good friends! Keep on doing what you're doing - you're a fascinating person!
ReplyDeleteI would actually hate to get that many comments. Talk about overwhelming! But I would like to get more than the 3 or 4 I normally get. Haha!
ReplyDelete