Aug 24, 2013

Gamer Mom

The other day my dear, thoughtful daughter sent me a link to Luminosity, complete with username and password already in place. Apparently, she thinks my brain could use a bit of regular exercise. Especially the memory part!

How did she come to this conclusion?

Well, she had asked me to play a memory game online, where I would be provided with keywords from classic or well known literature and would have to enter the book's title. Doesn't sound hard, does it? Well, there was a time limit to this, as well. I had no problem knowing many of the books which were being featured, but could I think of the titles? NO! If it had been multiple choice, I might have been gold medal material. However, I was a dismal failure, to the point of quitting the quiz. After 9 failed attempts (out of 25), I quit. Why torture myself (and my little brain?!).

So, now, along with daily brushing and flossing, I have to do my daily quota of Luminosity gaming.

I'll let you know how it goes (if I remember!).

 

 

3 comments:

  1. lol good luck! ummmm what were we talking about?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually tried that program before. It's interesting, but I enjoyed it for the trial period. It really did push my brain. :)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that sounds like me. Everything I know is just on the edge of my brain some days. :D

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!