Nov 12, 2014

Driven to exhaustion

I'm tired today.

 It was one of those days that really wasn't very productive. I got up early. Left the house at 8:15 a.m. Drove for 1.5 hours to a town to meet up with other teachers for a regional staff meeting (which, in my opinion, could have been done over computer chat, but that's just my introverted self speaking). We spent approximately 2 hours together and I drove 1.5 hours home. 3 hours of driving for a 2 hour meeting.  And by the time I got home, I was exhausted from the drive, so I had a nap. Not much work done today. And that is a pity.

But I did get to enjoy the drive. No snow on the road. Bright blue cold November sky. I took the quiet, scenic route.. oh wait, every route around here is scenic. :)


And I listened to podcasts to my heart's content.

At our meeting ,we were encouraged to regularly meet up with other teachers in our area for some face to face encouragement and support. As an incentive, we were all offered a $10 Starbucks or Tim Horton's gift card! Cool school I work for, eh? Guess which card I chose?

6 comments:

  1. Starbucks?? Glad the weather held for you and your ride was pleasant :) Could be a bit challenging to do such an adventure in the months ahead.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Starbucks :) If it was a snowy day, I probably wouldn't have taken the trip alone. I dislike snowy roads.

      Delete
  2. Road trip and podcasts! The perfect combo! Driving really is exhausting, though, isn't it? You have to be "on" every second. Enjoy that coffee card. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I will :) And thanks for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  3. Next time call me. If I'm available I'd like a few hours visiting with you and a few hours in my new, favourite yarn shop :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I had thought of that earlier! Yes, next time I have to drive there, I will let you know!

      Delete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!