I was just wondering what to blog about today when I heard a sickening 'crack' coming from the kitchen. My oven was very, very hot, recommended for my favorite herb crusted pork roast recipe. It would be turned lower after a half hour.
Apparently it was too hot for my beloved stoneware. Why I chose to use it today instead of my dutch oven, I'll never know.
I hadn't considered the temperature limits of my stoneware pan when I placed it in the oven.
Rest in pieces. Ugh.
I see another Pampered Chef party in my future..

Oh no! Was dinner able to be saved?
ReplyDeletebetty
Yes, thankfully! I transferred it to my dutch oven.
DeleteI have lost my Pampered Chef can opener, so if you have a party I'll be there :)
ReplyDeleteIf YOU have the party, I'll be there! :)
DeleteOh no! That shouldn't have happened unless there was a crack in it, it was placed directly on top of a heating element or the pork was frozen when it went in. Sorry that happened. What a bummer!
ReplyDeleteNo, the pork was room temp. I just think it was too hot. Too bad.. but I kept a piece of the broken pan just in case I am able to get a replacement sometime.
Delete