"I used to think life was like a series of hills and valleys. I was either in a good time or a hard time. But that's wrong. Life is actually like a railroad track, where the good and bad coexist side-by-side all the time" Cameron Strang
After I pondered this a bit, I tended to agree. If we are in a joyful season, does that mean EVERYTHING is peachy? Probably not. And even if we are going through rough times, there is probably something good going on as well. It might take a bit to identify it, but it's there.
What do you think...hills & valleys or a railroad track?
Never thought of the railroad track idea, but it makes sense. More sense, I guess, than thinking that things go in a rhythm. Would like an extended dose of the good though. You?
ReplyDeleteI like the railroad track one myself; I too hadn't heard of it before, but it does seem to fit better than hills and valley.
ReplyDeletebetty
Yup, I agree - I hadn't thought about the railroad track idea either, but it makes perfect sense. And a railroad still goes up and down and through tunnels...!
ReplyDeleteHmmm. That is interesting. I think it makes sense.
ReplyDelete