This morning I dropped two generous dollops of the good stuff (which had a bit of maple sugar in it) in the bottom of my coffee cup, then placed it under the Keurig spout, pressed the button, and watched the coffee slowly stream down. It was smooth and caramel-looking and the flavor was YUM! Better than usual, for some reason. Perhaps the slowly mixed ingredients warmed up together and that made the difference.
Sometimes it's the little things that add a sparkle to the day, don't you think?
Moments like:
- not having to cook supper because you remembered the leftover turkey dinner you froze in October (stuffing, mashed potatoes and turkey!)
- getting a hair cut and color and loving it
- getting positive, happy emails at work
“As the years pass, I am coming more and more to understand that it is the common, everyday blessings of our common everyday lives for which we should be particularly grateful. They are the things that fill our lives with comfort and our hearts with gladness -- just the pure air to breathe and the strength to breath it; just warmth and shelter and home folks; just plain food that gives us strength; the bright sunshine on a cold day; and a cool breeze when the day is warm.”― Laura Ingalls Wilder, Writings to Young Women from Laura Ingalls Wilder - Volume One: On Wisdom and Virtues
Have you had a sparkly moment today?

Bright sunshine on a cold day- that was exactly my sparkly moment today. That and the fact that "cold" meant -2, not -12.
ReplyDeleteAgreed!
DeleteYum! I'm not a fan of coffee, so while my husband is drinking his, I always have a cup of flavored hot chocolate with a little whipped cream on top. The Keurig hot chocolate is yummy and only 50 calories, so it's an awesome machine!
ReplyDeleteThanks for popping by, Stephanie! No matter if its coffee or hot chocolate, it's the whipped cream that's important ;)
DeleteI did have a sparkly moment, I'll be blogging about it in a few days :)
ReplyDeleteI love coffee with the sweet creams in it like French Vanilla, etc. To save calories, I haven't indulged, unless we go to restaurants :)
betty
Good plan to keep the special drinks special! Looking forward to your sparkly moment post!
Delete