Dec 9, 2014

My Hero

The mouse saga continues..

The other day, I dropped in on a few dollar stores to pick up a few more traps, but they were totally out. It's that time of the year, and I'm not talking about the most wonderful time of the year, either! It's Mouse Time, I'm afraid.

You know, we've always had pets in this house until the last few months. Buddy the Cat was more than a lap warmer, as I have discovered...

Anyway, I decided to follow in my sweet, kind-hearted, lover- of- all- creatures daughter in law's footsteps, and purchase a live trap (the humane way to catch mice). The problem is, what do you DO with the thing once it's caught? That part might be extremely inhumane. I think I prefer the trap/snap method!

The other night we awoke to such a clatter... a constant scritchy scratchy noise that effectively ruined the rest of our night's sleep -  and we figured another mouse had made its way into a vent or drawer or enclosed area. That morning, however, Dave discovered that the humane trap was occupied. The peanut butter had done its work.

"Now what?", I asked. "What do we do now?"

"I'll dispose of it", he said.

"How?", I asked.

"With a pail of water... in the garage.."

"No!!! That's mean!"

"Let me worry about that.."

When he got home from work, I asked him what he had decided to do with the little critter in the garage.

It was still there, sitting in an empty pail (with a lid of sorts over it, so it couldn't get out). I then had to put my foot down and give him the ultimatum.. no supper until that poor thing is ..well... taken care of.. (humanely please). 

Ten minutes later, he came in the front door and sat down at the table.

"I drove down to the hills near the park and let it go on the trail", he said. "It won't be returning to our house."

You did that, for me?? Oh, thanks, sweetie. Yes, he's MY HERO!

Mouse total: 3




1 comment:

  1. I'd be afraid they would come back; like an internal GPS system that guides them back to warmth :) I think we have been spared a lot of rodents since we have a lot of feral cats around here :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!