Have you considered a 'One Word' for the year? The one I've decided upon, which seems to have chosen me, because I'm not really a big fan of it, is...
I was trying to think of words meaning the opposite of procrastinate, and I settled on this one. Maybe not exactly the opposite, but it seems to have grabbed me.
Not long after this decision, my eyes landed on my little old desktop calendar/notepad of quotes I have near my computer and this what it said: Procrastination is a form of self-abuse. Whoa, that's a little harsh, isn't it? But maybe a confirmation. Anyway, so I've decided to stick with MOVE. As in, don't just think about it... MOVE! proceed, advance, etc, How that plays out this year and if it will make a difference, we shall see. It can't hurt to focus on a word that brings positive change, right?
I hoped to find a Bible verse I could settle on with the word 'move' in it, which would encourage me and this is the one that came to mind --Matthew 17:20.
That's always been a somewhat perplexing verse to me, so hopefully this year it will become clearer. What does it mean to have faith the size of a mustard seed? I've got a few mountains that need to be moved. How about you?

That is awesome! I will be blogging my one word today or tomorrow hopefully.
ReplyDeleteI often wonder about the faith of a mustard seed too. I think move is a good word for you. Will be interesting to see how it is developed in this new year.
ReplyDeleteBetty