Two families whose lives coincide under the worst of circumstances. Two families whose lives will never be the same again.
Ada is a young newly married woman, a former sect member, hardly knowing how to navigate the modern world.
Katherine is in a less-than-perfect marriage and one of her decisions changes her world forever.
Their lives intersect under tragic conditions and still, life goes on.
I really enjoyed reading Still Life by Christa Parrish. The characters and dialogue were believable. I enjoy character driven stories..characters who question and try to navigate life's messiness. The beautiful, detailed, descriptive writing helped me visualize the story so well. I wondered how it was all going to work out. And the end.. was it going to be a fairy tale ending or not? You'll have to read it to find out.
Several themes here... cults, love, choices, mercy, new life. I read recently that you often don't get over hard things, but you can get through them.
This book reminded me of that. You might want to read it.
Oh, I received this book free from Booklookbloggers in exchange for an honest review.
Sounds interesting; I'll have to look for it :)
ReplyDeletebetty
Excellent book. Excellent writer. Excellent review. :)
ReplyDelete