Apr 29, 2015

How to Lose Blog Readers for Dummies

Here's how:
1. Don't publish comments
2. Blog very rarely

As I was catching up on emails, tidying up my inbox, I happened to check my email spam folder (who knows why? I usually never do!) and found a comment for my blog, waiting to be published! That means this particular person (who happens to be a faithful reader of mine) might have thought her comment was not worth publishing! How far from the truth! Everyone who comments on my tiny little blog in the corner of this ginormous blogiverse is valued and worth publishing! Unless, of course, you really ARE a spammer. You know what happens to spammers.. I won't go into details!

So, I went directly to my blog and checked the 'comments awaiting moderation' page. Oh. dear. All this time I have been publishing comments from my phone, but it turns out I have missed a LOT. Well, a LOT for me, means about 20. :)
So, my apologies if you have ever commented on my blog and then noticed I never published your responses.

Which reminds me of a blog I had started following several months ago, and commented on. One of her reply comments was found in my 'awaiting moderation' file today! Earlier this year, I read one of her posts about commenting on blogs and comments not being published and how that didn't feel very affirming (I agree!).  Was that my doing? Oh, I know, small potatoes in the world we live in. But it did make me think. We are an insecure group of people, aren't we? Or maybe it's just me.

Anyway, haven't been blogging much. Life, you know. Busyness. And mood. They say that when you journal, the spaces between your entries are as important as what you write. I think it's the same with blogging. Are you a fair weather blogger? I guess I am. I don't go into too much detail about struggles (I do share that with close friends and those I trust) and for me, that just feels right. Everyone blogs differently and that's good. The truth is we all have struggles and we all have times of celebration. We are all unique and we have different reasons to blog. In this season of my life, it's very random (no pressure to write) and usually light hearted. I do love to laugh, and sometimes I have to use my own life as fodder!

Have a great day, all, and remember to check your spam and comments awaiting moderation!


5 comments:

  1. I rarely get back to see comments I've left, LOL, only because I follow so many blogs that if I did go back and look I would never get anything else done :)

    I do blog my struggles but never the complete story for privacy. I think I probably do because I don't have a lot of friends other than blogging friends so I'm looking for support out there in blog land, LOL :) Now that the A/Z is almost over, I'll be going back to my regular 7-10 day blog posts but really don't know what I'll be writing about.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh darlin'... I for one don't check back to see if comments are published. But have noticed that sometimes comments don't come through my email to moderate, and will see some waiting if I get on the website. So frustrating. But as I said, I don't entry about whether anyone publishes what I comment about. I know you love me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Btw, should've probably spell checked my previous comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Aneta! I have found comments in my spam file before. I don't think the writers choose that, I think my spam blocker makes mistakes from time to time. I'm still keeping the blocker though. Some of those spam comments are so atrocious, they're funny! (If you need a laugh, read yours!)
    Sometimes I get in moods when I just can't write. Like the three months I was recovering from the broken leg. I just couldn't make myself write. So I understand your dilemma. Write when you can, when you want.

    Hope you're laughing soon :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never ever check back to see if my comments have been published or been replied to so I'd have no clue. Haha!

    I didn't blog for five months but now have started up again. We'll see how long it lasts. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!