Nov 2, 2015

When I'm not working...

Finally! I have finished knitting the pair of socks which took me over a year (they were mostly sitting in my knitting basket, biding their time). Funny how letting things be sometimes is the best idea when one is frustrated. I was able to fix my mistake without pulling my hair out or frogging the entire sock, AND I combined two very thin blue fingering weight yarns to knit matching toes for these socks. Yes, this meant I had to undo the first sock's toe and use the new yarns, but the color combination looks just fine to me.  These are thicker, comfy socks and will be great for cooler days. 
Almost done, but running out of yarn! 
Done and pleased with the results

 And now the knitting bug has been biting again.. small projects are my favorite right now. Something I can pick up easily when I'm watching a program on Netflix or on my CTVgo App. And a welcome change from the fingers tap-tap-tapping on the keyboard.

A new pair of socks forming here (these have cotton in them, so they'll be good for warmer weather). I've given myself plenty of time to finish them! Actually, things are moving along quite quickly. I had this yarn in my stash, so I thought it best to use this up before I buy more.


ONline sock yarn - love the color!
The Prince is not pleased with his new cardigan. He just sits and sulks when I put it on him. Hope he gets over that! When temperatures get even cooler, maybe he will welcome it. But I doubt it. 

10 comments:

  1. I like the socks and how you did the different color for the toes! Nicely done! Prince is a bit smaller and less furry than Koda; he never would have stood for any type of clothing on him. I kept his outside time minimal if it was really cold out, otherwise if son was playing in the snow, he had to be out there with him, LOL :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fear The Prince won't be seeing much of the outdoors this winter. Just long enough to do his business!

      Delete
  2. Oh gracious, your little man looks so adorable. Put out, but adorable. And, btw, you're awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are sweet, thanks Melissa! Isn't he so adorable, though?!

      Delete
  3. Great solution for your yarn shortage! As for the dog sweater, it seems to be the cilantro of the doggie world. They either love them or hate them. And I don't think you can convert a hater into a lover. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that..'cilantro of the doggie world'..that gave me a good laugh! I'm sorry that the outlook is grim for a canine attitude change, tho! ;)

      Delete
  4. Don't forget to stock up your wash cloth supply. You never know when I might be coming by....!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my the dog made me laugh out loud...love the socks...make him some too that will get you a great video watching him try to walk in them...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha the Prince's expression is priceless!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!