Feb 29, 2016

Happy Leap Day!

The sun is shining.
Got in a morning walk.
Enjoyed a cup of coffee and some quiet time.
And... a review book arrived in the mail!

That's a good way to begin today.
There are so many books on how to begin a marriage on the right foot. Practices to keep it going. Date night ideas. Keeping families strong.  Empty nesting. And I have several on my shelves (or have had and passed them on).

But I haven't found too many that are specifically focused on life together in the 'second half'. Not just theoretical how-to, but real life -- with the challenges and joys that come with aging.

That's why I am very  interested in reading this:

I hope that it's honest, practical, realistic, and super encouraging. I am planning to go the distance and some days..well..  I need all the help I can get!





4 comments:

  1. I would like to read that! And I hear ya - marriage is not a cakewalk... It is for the bold and the brave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome to borrow it when I'm done :)

      Delete
  2. Will be looking forward to your review :) Could be a good gift to give to a couple say at their 10th or 15th wedding anniversary.

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!