Apr 4, 2016

Simple Woman's Daybook





Yes, it's been a while! Thought I'd get back into the swing of things with one of my favorite link ups: The Simple Woman's Daybook . Join me?

For Today...

Outside my window...

a pair of mallard ducks are back, repurposing our winterized pool for their own personal pond

Oh, and just now, this....


I am thankful...

my daughter is back in town again, after six months of solo trekking adventures in S.E. Asia!

I am learning...

about YL Essential Oils and enjoying my diffuser!
ahhh... Lavender... 



I am wearing...

jeans, t shirt (short sleeved) with a sweater close at hand, socks and slippers. Nothing that would make me stand out in a crowd!  It's a blustery, cooler day outside.  After several days of warm sunshine, this is an adjustment!  Socks to barefeet and back again!

I am creating...

a knitted comfort throw for my older sister's birthday coming up in June.



I am going...

to the Gold Medal Women's International Hockey game tonight! Canada vs USA


I am wondering...

..about decisions I must make. There's always that balance between being true to my own needs/feelings/desires and the needs/desires of others. What's the right thing to do..??

I am reading...

a number of books (as usual). Looking forward to getting into
Presence - Bringing Your Boldest Self to Your Biggest Challenges by Amy Cuddy. Maybe it will give me some insight into what I am wondering (see above)..

I am hoping...

for a clean bill of health in the next little while! Time to do the annual bloodwork, etc.. and more.

I am learning...

more about myself through reading The Enneagram: A Christian Perspective by Richard Rohr and Andreas Ebert. Here's looking at you, Type Five!

In my garden...

the garlic is growing, and that's about it 
right now. Enjoying the first pop of color in my flower bed.





In my kitchen...

I have a Whole30 Paleo Minestrone soup/stew cooking in the crockpot. I hope it's tasty!! Day 4 of Whole30. So far, so good.

A favorite quote for today...

"Never confuse your perception of yourself with the mystery that you really are accepted."
Brennan Manning, The Ragamuffin Gospel


One of my favorite things...

kicking back at the end of the day, enjoying The Voice on my iPad app

A peek into one of my days...


hiking companion-- Battle Bluff family hike Easter 2016


Post Script

A playlist I'm enjoying on Spotify..

Acoustic Spring


4 comments:

  1. That looks like a nice comforter for your sister (hope she doesn't read your blog). Always good to get the blood work, etc., done and get that clean bill of health :)

    You have an adorable hiking partner!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy that you visited my blog. We will start the Whole 30 in mid-April. I am planning and preparing. I wanted to get a few celebrations our of the way first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I found your blog through Daybook. I love your knitting project. The colour is amazing! Love the pic of your little dog too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Minestrone soup sounds so good!! Happy Tuesday. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!