Oct 25, 2018

~Capture~


Day 25 Capture

Capture- v.; to record accurately in words or pictures

If you are blogging, then you are probably trying to capture words or pictures accurately – trying to convey what you want your reader to understand, by using just the right words. 

Poetry captivates me. I’d really like to spend more time composing poems. The thought of using only the strong, necessary words to paint a picture intrigues me. 

During Lent a few years ago, I decided to go through a book called Writing to God:40 Days of Praying With My Pen by Rachel G. Hackenberg. It was an exercise in prayer, but in sort of a free verse way. Bible verse prompts and meditations were given. It was a very meaningful activity and I really felt connected to God during those 40 days. It definitely was a discipline to sit down each day and take time to ponder the words and then let my writing flow freely and honestly as prayer.

 Do you enjoy capturing your words and pictures to communicate with others? There is something about sharing together using the written word. I’ve always enjoyed writing. This challenge of freewriting for only 5 minutes has freed me from being so perfectionistic.  I don’t have time to be too fussy about how I say things.  I’d like to try 30 days of writing short poems sometime. Wouldn’t that be a great way to capture some thoughts and share them?


I'm enjoying being a part of the 31 Days of Five Minute Freewrites. Read more about it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!