Oct 26, 2018

~Moment~


Day 26 Moment

A life can change in a single moment, and I was freshly reminded of that this past week.

 In our small city there are two main highways which converge at one point and head up a long hill. As I was driving up from the valley this past week in my little Honda Civic, a large one ton pickup truck merged from  the northern highway. I wondered if the driver was aware of my car, as he merged into the lane of the main highway. He proceeded to keep moving into the left lane, intent on passing a slower transport truck in front of him.  I was in his blind spot and he failed to do a shoulder check! I could see him moving closer and closer to me, until he was partly in my lane, right beside me. There was no place for me to go but into the cement median which divides the highway!  

I remember thinking “This is it. This is how I’m going to go”. My instincts kicked in and I leaned on my horn like I was pounding  furiously( one handed) on a drum!  That’s when he suddenly swerved back into his lane. I could feel tears at the back of my eyes. I know how close I was to being in a very serious accident.  I felt relief, fear, and anger all mixed together.

One driver’s moment of inattentiveness could have become the moment  that would usher me into the next life. It made me appreciate my life—I guess there’s a reason I’m still here! Thank you Lord, for your angels of protection!



Nearing the end of the 31 Days of Five Minute Freewrites!  Read more about it here.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're still here! That's flippin' terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Lord, my heart was pounding for you! I'm so glad you were able to honk and get that trucker's attention.
    Visiting you from FMF #65 this week. Thankful God's got more for you here on earth!
    miccah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, what a scary time! So thankful he at least heard the horn and moved back to where you were once again safe. There truly is a brevity to life and we do need to be very appreciative of each moment we live.

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!