Day 7 Hope
Hope is one of my all time favorite words.
My hope isn’t the
type of hope that crosses its fingers and wishes for the best outcome of some
situation. No, my hope is in God. If I believe God, then I must trust him. Not
always an easy thing to do. When difficult situations arise, my first response
is fear, and if circumstances persist, I move into worry and despondency. When
will this ever end? I ask myself. Will things get better? It’s taking too long,
I complain.
But God, in His gentle way, reminds me that my hope is in Him. Do I
trust enough that He will do what he says he will do?
Years ago, I participated
in a Beth Moore study called Believing God, at our church. At the end of the
study, we were all given a little magnetic card with some powerful words
written on them. I have kept this card (it’s at least 10 years old!) on my
fridge and every so often I reread it. It reminds me that hope is not a fragile
one because of the One I put my hope in.

Good words, good reminder!
ReplyDeleteWe all need reminders!
ReplyDelete