Day 21 Start
Twice in my life I’ve written 50,000 words in one month, as
part of National Novel Writing Month. How did I do that? I simply started writing.
Pretty
well every single day of those two consecutive Novembers, I put my butt in my
chair, put on some inspiring music, and began typing. I knew that I
had to write at least 1600 words every day in order to meet my goal. I put off
doing other evening activities during that time because I seriously had to write!
Every day
was a new day to start writing. It didn’t matter that my writing wasn’t the
best. I just wanted to accomplish my
goal. And it worked. By the end of the month, I had a sense of satisfaction
knowing that my book was completed. And I was amazed at the ideas that flowed once I got into the writing groove. At times I didn't know in which direction my story would go or what would happen to a character. The writing wasn’t necessarily great, I know that. BUT I was amazed
that it was coherent and made sense, and I was really enjoying myself. The first book was called Goodbye to Yesterday and the second was titled
One Thousand Words (as in ‘a picture
is worth a thousand words’, but you’d have to read the story… ). Riveting
titles, eh? ;)
Nothing really gets done if we don’t decide to just start,
putting our feelings aside. I guess that’s called discipline.
Does this reminiscing inspire me to start a new NaNoWriMo Challenge come November? I'm starting to think about it.

Good luck if you decide to join NaNoWriMo. I know I could never undertake a challenge like that with how busy certain times of our weeks are these days. Did you ever publish your books?
ReplyDeletebetty
I published the first one, because a publishing company offered to publish the first copy of NaNoWriMo novels for free that year! I ordered about 8 copies and gave them to family and friends, and kept one copy for myself. It was exciting to receive the package in the mail!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete