Oct 19, 2018

~Who~

Wow, my mind was really blank for this one. I'm amazed I could actually write for 5 minutes on the word WHO! 
I’ve  joined the 31 Days of Five Minute Freewrites. Read more about it here.


Day 19 Who

Who would willingly use random writing prompts to freewrite on a blog for one whole month?  Me, that’s who. 



Why did I decide to do this? 

Firstly, I think it’s a great way to get those writing juices flowing again after being stagnant for quite a while. Knowing I have to write for 5 minutes without my inner editor wagging a finger at me and forcing me to correct everything is good for me. I don’t really like to put out unedited writing (or, okay let’s be honest, slightly edited), but that in itself is good for me, who can be slightly perfectionist when it comes to writing for public scrutiny. 

Secondly, this is a great way to meet a few new bloggers and I’ve already come across several whose blogs I’m returning to because they are interesting people and write well! Inspiration, I say. 

And thirdly, it’s Fall, and I just feel like getting back into a little bit of blogging again and what better way to make a commitment to something than to sign up for it? 

Who wouldn’t join a freewriting challenge when there are at least three benefits to it?  And besides, it’s really not too risky. Skipping a day or two or three doesn’t really matter. Who doesn’t like that?

4 comments:

  1. I love your thoughts on who! I also love the Five Minute Friday community. It is a great way to practice writing and meet new people. Nice to "meet" you today. I'm your neighbor at #FiveMinuteFriday. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your "who" today. Thanks for sharing and setting an example for other writes "who" seem to struggle with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your writing. I sometimes wonder why I sign up for things too - been doing the April A to Z challenge for five years now. But you're right. There are many interesting people to meet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading your blog post, and learning a little bit more about why you write. I also love the Five Minute Friday community, and the friendship and camraderie of this group. I hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!