Oct 27, 2018

~whole~


Day 27 Whole

Wherever you are, be all there. Be wholly there. Be whole. Be holy. Be complete. To be whole means to be fully integrated, which leads me to the word integrity. Integrity…  I love that word. It reminds me that a person who is whole has integrity. What the person says, she will do. Her actions are integrated with her words and thoughts. 

 I aspire to be a person of integrity; of course, I’m not wholly there yet. Have you ever met a person who said one thing to you, but you realized they were saying opposite things behind your back? Not a great feeling.  Thankfully, I am blessed with family and friends who value being honest and real with me. 

But, when dealing with the general public, this is not always true. I have decided to go with the wise saying: What others think of you is none of your business. My business is to do what I am responsible for. I’m responsible to be as honest as I can be and say what I will do, and give others the benefit of the doubt. I strive to set boundaries for myself when I’m in an unhealthy situation.

Sometimes we need help to become whole. My relationship with God is so important, because ultimately  who He says I am is what matters. As well, I’ve had the benefit of talking with both a therapist and a spiritual director in the past few years. They have both helped me on the road to becoming whole.

Nearing the end of the 31 Days of Five Minute Freewrites!  Read more about it here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!