How can it be Thursday already?! December 27 at that!
Did you have a wish list this Christmas, or maybe you just added items to one that was only in your head. Did you walk into a store shopping for someone else, and then spot something and think "I'd like that!" Yes, that was me. I refrained from actually buying for myself, though (although my hubby and I were shopping and he bought me something on the spot!)
Gift giving and receiving has come and gone. I so enjoyed watching my little 20 month old grandson help to open presents this year. I think he enjoyed that more than the actual gifts he received!
For this Thursday Thirteen, I've decided to list 13 things I have already that I am very thankful for.. gifts that weren't under the tree. It puts things in perspective when we all sometimes get caught up in the "I really wanted" or "I wish I had received" vortex.
1. Running Water. When I turn on the tap in the kitchen, both hot and cold water are available.
2. My Kitchen. One that most would agree 'needs an update'.
3. Kitchen Gadgets.More than I need.
4. Friendly Neighbours. I actually do have a neighbour I can call at anytime and I know she'd be there to help out, if needed.
5. Safe Transportation.
6. A warm cozy bed to fall into each night.
7. My sweet little pet, Enzo.
8. Health Care when I need it.
9. A family that loves and cares for me.
10. Wonderful children and their loved ones.
11. The internet - keeping up with friends and family!
12. More food than we need.
13. Our public library - so many books, so little time
Great list of gifts we take for granted. Heat this time of year comes to mind too! Happy New Year!
ReplyDeletebetty
Happy New Year to you!
DeleteWe take so much for granted. We are blessed.
ReplyDeleteI agree! So blessed!
DeleteThat is an incredible list! Puts things into perspective.
ReplyDeleteI know! I need perspective sometimes!
DeleteGreat list. It is so easy to overlook the things we take for granted everyday and I appreciate your calling them out. Nicely done! Happy new year to you; I hope 2019 brings you something special.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your kind words and same to you!
DeletePS I love your header.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteThanks!
ReplyDelete