So, the Christmas season has officially come and gone. Ordinary Time begins.
The remnants of my decorations include the pointsettia plants I received, which are still thriving. I usually let them hang around until they drop off their leaves once and for all from lack of watering ;) As well, I have some greenery in our planters outside, which bring beauty to an otherwise drab looking entrance. In the spring I'll deal with those! I do keep up some indoor winter decor until the spring season arrives. I enjoy having a little seasonal decor in my home.
Along with the new year comes thoughts of a new word or phrase for the year. I've pondered this for a while and have decided that my OneWord this year will be community. I feel that that word encompasses a lot. For me, it represents my intention to get outside of my head more often (hello Enneagram 5!) and put some more action behind my thoughts and ideas. I'm going to keep a journal of all the ways that I have participated in 'community' in 2019. Will it change my life for the better? Will I become more of who God created me to be? We shall see. I don't want a NEW ME, I want to be MORE ME. And of course, that sometimes means making uncomfortable choices. Leaving the security of the comfort zone and stepping out. Small ways and small steps count!
Photo by Nathan Dumlao on Unsplash
Do you have a focus for 2019?

i like your word community. So true that small ways and small steps count. They do all add up. I told hubby this year we need to get out and get involved with church, try to find a small group, start meeting people. We're down here almost 3 years and I don't know a single soul other than family. Pretty much same for hubby. He knows a lot of people at work but then he works 50 miles from here. Hard to socialize like that.
ReplyDeletebetty
It's hard when you're busy working, too! I hope you find the community you're looking for! Life is better together, right?
DeleteGood word and great post!
ReplyDeleteI'll be checking in on you. =)